Refashioned sweater and skirt

I refashioned a thrifted turtleneck and too big skirt to this:

I used buttons from the old green coat and made lining from a thrifted shirt. I kinda like the new look. What do you think?

This entry was posted in Crafting, Refashion, Refashioning, Thrifting, upcycling and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Refashioned sweater and skirt

1. I think…yes! I love it!

2. mari says:

You look very chic

3. Jan says:

You are just so talented! You look lovely, by the way!

4. Trudy Callan says:

Wow! That looks amazing.

5. Valerie says:

Oh, so cute! …and the outfit is adorable too🙂

6. Love the sweater! I don’t enjoy wearing turtleneck sweaters anymore, but I love wraps/cardigans so I think I might try this! Any suggestions how to start??

• Hi Christina,
      When I started, I used very inexpensive items and just started cutting away. I made lots of mistakes, but learned from each of them. Sometimes I’d have to start over, other times, I could find a solution. I think the main thing is to not be afraid of taking that risk. Just jump right in and have fun!

7. Renee A Davis says:

I love what you did with the turtleneck sweater….!!

Love the sweater and skirt!! You inspire me. Thank You

Where did you get your cute boots???

10. Elisa says:

this is wonderful! I’m about to try too… how do you sew the knitted part after cuttin to prevent stitches from unravel?

11. Robin says:

No tutorial on the sweater? :-\ LOVE the look, but I’m new to the refashioning world, so could use a little help. Am I just missing it somewhere?

12. Hi Robin,
    This post was early on in my blog and I didn’t always do tutorials back then. Sorry! But I basically just cut the new neckline, cut up the middle, shortened it, hemmed all the edges, wrapped it to the side and added buttons & button holes.
    Hope that helps…