I’m a busy mom, wife, grandma and teacher who loves to create. I think refashioning and sewing is ridiculously fun. Through this blog, I hope to connect with those of you out there that love sewing as much as I do and possibly inspire a few of you to give it a try.
Thanks to the responses of nice people like you, this blog has brought opportunities to me that I never dreamed possible. Last April, Stash books accepted my book proposal and I have my first book coming out in September 2014.
I. Can’t. Wait!
I was also contacted by eHow last fall and they hired me to be a “Sewing Expert” and post to their site weekly. I have to pinch myself every once in awhile because I’m having so much fun!
As if that wasn’t great enough, BurdaStyle.com has asked me to create webinars, on-line sewing classes and sew alongs for them. So amazing!
It just keeps getting better and better!
Here are seven weird things you might not know about me:
1. I should never be allowed to have BBQ potato chips in the house! These crunchy little morsels of tasty goodness are like crack to me. As a matter of fact I’m dipping some in cottage cheese right now. Weird, huh?
2. I absolutely LOVE vintage campers. Here’s a picture of my 1966 Barth travel trailer parked in one of my favorite places in the world. But I’ll blog more about this in a future post.
3. I’m a Project Runway Fan. Need I say more?
4. The Polar Bear Club has my name on it’s roster. One winter, while on a winter camp out in Northern Minnesota, I was crazy enough to first bake in a sauna, then run straight to a hole cut in a frozen lake and jump in! I. Thought. I. Was. Gonna. Die!
5. In my early twenties, I lived in an oil field camp. Yep, I was Oil Field Trash. My husband was a driller for Anderson Meyer in Wyoming and Utah so before we had kids, I traveled around with him. Fun times!
My hubby is the handsome one on the left! Oh Yah!!!🙂
6. I literally cried tears of joy the Christmas I was eight when I opened my stuffed Snoopy because he was soooooooo cute. I still have him, I still get a little emotional when I hug him, and I want to be buried with him.
7. I’m a Kindergarten teacher. I’ve been a teacher for 24 years and have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. When I grow up, I want to work in publishing. Magazines have always been my guilty pleasure and I’ve secretly wanted to set up photo shoots or be a graphic designer for one, but since I’ve lived in remote areas my whole adult life, I never thought it would be possible. Hmmmm….maybe dreams do come true…….