No Sew Infinity Scarf-Dress for Change-Day One

upcycled striped infinity scarf

Today’s Infinity Scarf is so easy, you can hardly call it a tutorial. All you need to do is make one cut.

Remember this dress refashion?

Black and white striped t shirt dress refashion cropped sweater refashion

and this:

Dress and Denim Refashion Tutorial

Well, all I did was cut off the bottom of the dress.

Black and white striped t shirt dress refashion

And the bottom of the dress became this infinity scarf.

upcycled striped infinity scarf

Now that’s two refashions with only one cut. Crazy good!

Thank you to everyone who signed up to help with Sheyanne’s senior project and are participating in the Dress for Change Week. Today is Day One. I’ve chosen to wear my black skirt all week and hopefully include one refashioned thing in the outfit each day.

Here’s what I’m wearing for Day One:

Dress for change week

I hope wonderful things come your way today!

You might also like:

Easy DIY Refashion Tutorials

44 Responses to No Sew Infinity Scarf-Dress for Change-Day One

1. I’d never think to do this, but it looks great! I’m going to see what old clothes I can update and try to create an infinity scarf in the process! Thanks for the inspiration.

2. Mel B says:

Love!

3. That’s what I’m talking about Beth! Use every inch. Lol. I’m finishing a refashion project now where I used every bit of fabric. The jury is still out though on half of the project. Lol. I really like your outfit. Black and white with a pop of color. Yes! Have a great one.

4. Great outfit for a spring day! I have some infinity scarfs that came into existence in a similar manner! BTW, I’m impressed that you are dressed so nice on a vacation day; I showered, dressed and then changed back into my yoga pants when I saw the snow coming down. I hope you have somewhere fun to go today to show off your cute outfit!

• Thanks, Amy! I’m actually back at work today. We had our spring break last week. It has been absolutely beautiful here the last several days. My car thermometer said 71 degrees. I’m so excited for summer.
      Have a fun vacation!

5. Leilani says:

Love stripes! Love scarves!

6. RoselyC says:

I recently found your blog and I love how you create new clothes out of items you wouldn’t give a second glance to. I only wish i had some type of sewing skills so I could give a try. The scarf looks great.

7. Cara says:

I love everything about this scarf; the pattern, the colors, the fit. Oh, if only Beth was my sister . . .
    😉

8. redesigned says:

That scarf really pulls the outfit together! I also swoon over stripes, so maybe I’m a bit biased. 😉 ~M.

9. Love the scarf and your styling is so on point. Classy with a bit of an edge.
    Paula
    Fashion Stylist

10. Sandy says:

I LOVE your whole outfit! But what a great idea to use the bottom of the dress as the infinity scarf! I found two impossibly long dresses in my closet from the mid-late 90’s that I intend to refashion in some way over the next few weeks. You’ve definitely inspired me to try! Thanks!

• Thank you, Sandy! I’m excited that you are going to refashion a couple of dresses. Just a little word of warning, though. Once you start this whole refashioning thing, you might not be able to stop……:) Have fun and I’d love to see pictures of your dresses.

11. Jo H. says:

Looks so nice – and I actually didn’t recognize the material from the dress refashion. That’s how different it looks as a scarf!

12. Wow! I love your outfit! And aren’t simple refashions the best! And a two-fer no less!😉
    ~Jen

13. sharon says:

Great outfit! I love the colors and that scarf is the perfect accessory.

14. alicecarman says:

Great idea and super cute outfit!

15. Pingback: Refashion a Man’s Button Down Shirt for Day Five of Dress For Change Week | The Renegade Seamstress

16. kim says:

glad I am not the only one out there who loves clothes and looks at them as fabric or what can I do with that. I am so glad that you are creating things that I can now follow thanks so much. I will look at lots more things in another different light. now I can add another chapter to my all ready growing lists of things to do. thanks so much can’t wait to try some out. kim

17. Laura says:

I love upcycling!! Your ideas are wonderful! Any idea how many inches of fabric at the bottom of the dress are needed (just in case I find something in my closet that isn’t a dress🙂

18. Pingback: 49-Cent Friday: Easy No-Sew T-Shirt Refashion | Diary of a MadMama

19. Pingback: 21 Blue Ribbon DIY Clothing Tutorials You Should Know | HipHomeMaking

20. Pingback: Upcycling is the new black – The Renegade Seamstress takes reconstructing clothes to a whole new level! | Broke Girl Problems

21. Kay says:

May I ask where the original dress came from? I really loved to and I love how you transformed it into the scarf and the shorter version! I just really wanted to know where the original dress came from because I’m always on the hunt for that kinda style. Thanks so much!

22. charmaine Dahl says:

U really inspired me to try something new with my clothes before getting rid of it