One Thrift Store Dress+One Refashion=Three New Looks

Three new looks from one thrift store dress.

Start with this Little House on the Wrinkled Prairie Dress :

Let’s make that into three new looks.

This particular thrift store dress gave me the perfect opportunity to try out a peplum.

And there you have it!

A new peplum shirt or pair it with the skirt for the top of a peplum dress.

Oops, there goes my photographer experimenting again…

He says, “Hi”, by the way…..

Now onto the paperbag waist skirt tutorial:

Determine how long you’d like your skirt and cut the extra length off from the top. That way you can use the existing hem.

Be sure to leave a two inch opening to thread your elastic.

Then sew the two inch opening closed.

Here’s your new summer skirt.

Happy Fourth of July!!!!

Be safe!

You might also like:

This entry was posted in DIY, Sewing, Thrifting, Tutorial, upcycling and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to One Thrift Store Dress+One Refashion=Three New Looks

1. once again…….clever!

2. Thank you for all of your encouraging comments, Paula!
    Happy Independence Day!

3. Lili & Mum's says:

I came to like your post and saw that you had our blog listed in your side bar. Thanks a bunch! (I still don’t know why the button wouldn’t show up.)

4. Love this! Great idea🙂

5. This is terrific! I really love the shirt especially.

I particularly like the peplum blouse. It fits well and looks great on you. Thanks for sharing🙂

7. Will you please come and teach me to sew? That’s one crafty thing I can’t seem to wrap my brain around! You are so very clever! LOVE it!

8. jenyjenny says:

Awesome! I love them all, you have such a good eye for possibilities. Me, I would have seen it as a find as is, for a pioneer costume.Your tutorials are excellent.

• Thank you, Jenny! The fun factor just increases the more I do this and I swear I can hear the clothes at the thrift store talking to me now, telling me what they want to be made into for their next life. Weird!🙂

9. Loving your blog and wish I had the talent to create clothes like you do:) Have a Beautiful Day!

10. lostdododesigns says:

You have such a creative eye! I would have just passed by that dress, but you took it an made it something new and refreshing. I love the look with the skirt and red belt. Thanks for sharing!

11. lisasgarden says:

I love all your refashioning tutorials. Your results are great, yet they seem within reach of a basic sewer. But where did you sew to “stitch down pleats” for the peplum top?

• Thanks for your kind comments. I just folded them flat, then pinned and stitched along the bottom hem line. I hope that helps. If not, be sure and let me know and I’ll try to explain it more clearly.

12. wildkatkc says:

I just found you. I love it here. But what I really love is this Peplum top! I like the skirt too, But oh how I love this top. And I will be following you. Thank you so much… I will be doing this soon.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )