How to Twist Rope to Make a Rope Bag: One of My Favorite Projects of All Time

Get ready for one of my favorite projects of all time!

I absolutely LOVE how this bag turned out and it was super fun and easy to make.

If you’re looking for a great gift to make for someone or if you want to make one for yourself, you can make this in a few hours and in any color combination you’d like. All you need is some cotton clothesline and thread.

Who knew????!!!?

rope-bage-for-pinterest

Click here for the complete tutorial.

rope-bag-finished-2

rope-bag-finished-3

rope-bag-finished-5

rope-bag-finished-tassels

Happy Sewing!

For more sewing tutorials and inspiration, click here.

16 Responses to How to Twist Rope to Make a Rope Bag: One of My Favorite Projects of All Time

1. Hester says:

What a fantastic idea. Thank you so much for sharing. I will go right now to the ropeshop to make one.
    Hester

What a clever idea, Beth. The ombre pattern is on trend and the strap design is ingenious🙂

3. charmainenyw says:

This is so cute! I’m going to share this with my Mum – she’s always making bags, we’ve got piles and piles of homemade goods in the corner at home.
    – Charmaine

4. Barb says:

This IS a great bag! I love it. Clever idea with the thread colors, nice touch.

5. Lori Matsui says:

So clever!! I love the ombre idea ( and it is much easier than dyeing or painting it on). I definitely “need” one of these 😆.

6. Susan Luke says:

I can see why its one of your favorite projects….its STUNNING! The ombre effect is subtle, but so effective! I am filing this away in my brain to be attempted at some point in the future. You are just so very clever!

7. Omg! This is SUPER GORGEOUS 😍😍😍