Refashion Runway: The Winner of the Boho Chic Challenge

Like I said yesterday, the Boho Chic challenge has received the most votes, inspired the most sew-alongs and created the most controversy. It’s always my intent to leave the challenges open ended to inspire as much creativity as possible. It’s up to each seamstress to interpret the challenge to their style and preferences which is what, I believe, makes Refashion Runway so interesting and fun.

what ever is good for your soul

So now, I’d like to congratulate the winner of the Boho Chic challenge:

Sarah from Life is Beautiful!

Her stunning wedding dress transformation inspired the most votes and got a thumbs up from the judges this week. Well done, Sarah!

rr26

rr5

But now, get your tissues because we have to say “see you later” to one of our favorite competitors.

Laura from Accidental Seamstress has been a such a joy throughout the competition and her innovative refashions always inspire me. I believe Laura lives her life like L.M. Montgomery’s quote, “…she had a way of embroidering her life with stars.”

Bohocollage

Thank you so much, Laura, for “embroidering our lives with stars” and for your positive attitude, friendly comments, and incredible work on this season of Refashion Runway. We have all enjoyed seeing the awesome clothes you create each week. And we are all looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

We’d like to thank you with a $50.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop.

FatQuarterShop-250

And I’d like to send you a copy of my latest book, The Refashion Handbook.

The Refashion Handbook

But before we go, let’s take a look at what Laura created for Refashion Runway’s last challenge of the season:

Asymmetrical.

BAmedcollage

IMG_6416

Check out Laura’s blog, Accidental Seamstress to see how she made this.

And stay tuned for your chance to vote on the last challenge of the season…

walking

Thanks Jakki for the quote idea this week! I love it!

12 Responses to Refashion Runway: The Winner of the Boho Chic Challenge

So impressive!

2. Sweet, sweet words, Beth. I love that quote!🙂 It was a fun run! I’ve enjoyed all the challenges, getting to know the other competitors better, getting to know you… It’s just been amazing! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it! And, thank you SO much to you and the Fat Quarter Shop for your generous gifts! I can’t wait to get them!!! And I can’t wait to see what the other ladies have created for the Asymmetric Challenge.

• Gema says:

I’m sorry to see you go, Laura. You’ve made such striking, creative pieces… and you’ve got a great eye for potential!! I’m so pleased that, by being a part of this, I’ve met you. (albeit online!) Looking forward to seeing what you get up to next!! X

• Queen Sylvia says:

Boo! Well this is really disappointing. I really met such an inspiration-clad and soulful comrade when it comes to you. I love what you do, it’s creative beyond limits. I’m in over my head that I ever had the chance to meet you, you are an amazing person, you truly are!

• Not to sound like a sap, but I truly feel the same way, Sylvia! Like, for real.🙂 I’m getting *slightly* emotional here… and by slightly I mean full out, crazy psycho lady lol. Who knew this competition would be about so much more than the weekly challenges?🙂

3. Kathy says:

Wow!! Unexpected results all around!

4. Kathy says:

Laura, I’m sad to see you go!

5. Sarah Tyau says:

I am so sad to see Laura go! She is truly talented and I have very much enjoyed getting to know her better and finding out about her blog! I will be a frequent reader of hers from now on. You are a winner in my book, Laura!

6. Connie Turner says:

Dear Beth, The Boho winner “Life Is Beautiful” did a spectacular job. Her sewing and design skills are really exceptional, but I don’t think her dress is Boho, it is a beautiful dress though. The only reason I *didn’t *vote for her was that it wasn’t Boho at all. Her entry was the best however so I’m not mad. lol

Connie Turner