Ok, now how lucky am I?
Two blogging awards in one week!
I’ve received the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks to Kelly from Re Stitch Me !
I highly recommend you check out Kelly’s blog. She has the re-purposing bug, too, and posts loads of fun projects. I love her sense of humor which is a must when you live with teenagers as she and I do!
Kelly has asked me to share 7 things about myself that you might not know. Here we go:
1. I should never be allowed to have BBQ potato chips in the house! These crunchy little morsels of tasty goodness are like crack to me. As a matter of fact I’m dipping some in cottage cheese right now. Weird, huh?
2. I absolutely LOVE vintage campers. Here’s a picture of my 1966 Barth travel trailer parked in one of my favorite places in the world. But I’ll blog more about this in a future post.
3. I’m a Project Runway Fan. Need I say more?
4. The Polar Bear Club has my name on it’s roster. One winter, while on a winter camp out in Northern Minnesota, I was crazy enough to first bake in a sauna, then run straight to a hole cut in a frozen lake and jump in! I. Thought. I. Was. Gonna. Die!
5. In my early twenties, I lived in an oil field camp. Yep, I was Oil Field Trash. My husband was a driller for Anderson Meyer in Wyoming and Utah so before we had kids, I traveled around with him. Fun times!
My hubby is the handsome one on the left! Oh Yah!!! 🙂
6. I literally cried tears of joy the Christmas I was eight when I opened my stuffed Snoopy because he was soooooooo cute. I still have him, I still get a little emotional when I hug him, and I want to be buried with him.
7. I’m a Kindergarten teacher. I’ve been a teacher for 22 years and have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. When I grow up, I want to work in publishing. Magazines have always been my guilty pleasure and I’ve secretly wanted to set up photo shoots or be a graphic designer for one, but since I’ve lived in remote areas my whole adult life, I never thought it would be possible. Hmmmm….maybe dreams do come true…….
I’d like to nominate these terrific bloggers for this award:
Sarah from Goodbye Valentine has decided to give up Ready to Wear clothes for a year and she’s quickly becoming an amazing seamstress. I really enjoy reading about her sewing adventures.
Sandra, a new blogger also, from Simple Restyle is “restyling her life through repurposing, refinishing, reusing, and recycling.” I keep going back for more of her creative projects.
Julie from We So Thrifty is a down to earth graphic designer from Canada blogging about her outfits “made entirely from second hand items and el-cheapo finds.” I love how she has declared 2012 as the “year I broke up with the mall”.
I’ve just recently met a new friend from Amman at Jen Maan in Amman. She moved there from California and her blog is laced with humor, cooking, crafting, and her Middle Eastern discoveries.
Sanja and Dragana at Twisted Sisters are just that, sisters who love to create. Their latest project, Shirt Art, has inspired me to want to try embroidery. I love it!!!!
Thanks again Kelly, this has been fun!