Gingham Sew Alongs

Here I am getting off the plane last weekend in my gingham sew-along.

miu-miu

I WISH!

Isn’t she gorgeous in her gingham dress?!

So classy. Right up there with Brigitte Bardo, Jackie O. and Audrey Hepburn rockin’ their gingham.

Bridgette Bardo in gingham jackie

OD-BG640_AUDREY_FR_20150610133955

And so is my friend, Linda “gettin’ her gingham on” in these refashioned shorts. (Be sure to notice the shoes, too. Aren’t they great!)

Linda's-Gingham-Refashion

Linda found a pair of too-small, but very well made gingham shorts. She solved the size issue by taking off the waistband, adding an embroidered-floral insert at the sides and a wide black elastic at the top.  She even added the waistband to a cute top she had. She didn’t waste a thing.

I love this!

Linda's-Gingham-Refashion-2

Carissa from Carissa Knits sewed along with us this week and knocked it out of the park again with her amazing dress refashion.

Gingham_CarissaKnits_Before_After

I love how she saved the Ralph Lauren tag. And that bias trim! Oh La La!

Gingham_CarissaKnits_Closeup

Delain Miller refashioned this gingham shirt into a cute apron this week.

apron 1

apron 3 apron 5

Vicky Meyers sent in a cute floral and stripe refashion sew along. You can see more on her blog, Vicky Meyers Creations.

T Shirt to Dress Refashion

T shirt and dress mashup

flotral and stripes refashion

If you sewed along with us this week feel free to send in your sew-along to bhunting@eoni.com

Be sure to go here to vote for your favorite Refashion Runway: Gingham Refashion.

refashion-runway-season-3

19 Responses to Gingham Sew Alongs

1. Kathy says:

I love these!! So clever!

2. Gina B. says:

I LOVE gingham, I always have! My black and white studio has gingham cushions, a gingham curtain, and my favourite reusable shopping bag is one I made out of the same black and white gingham. Vive le vichy!

3. Karen says:

Love the floral add to the gingham shorts. So cool!!!!

4. Why Beth, you look so fabulous fresh off the plane!😀 I adore gingham for my boys. Making gingham shirts for them is such a joy. I can never seem to find the right color gingham for me, but when I do, a shirtdress is so happening.

5. lucindalines says:

These were really cute, all of the examples look just great. Thanks for sharing.

6. claire says:

Saved the Ralph Lauren tag. Oh you guys crack me up, you are so creative. I need to sew a zipper into a skirt, I’m sure it will take me half a day.

You did it again! Love the gingham! Linda looks marvelous!

8. Anny says:

Linda’s shorts are so cute! I like the whole outfit, including the shoes!

9. I especially love the shorts! ‘Very clever idea! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

10. I really like that pink dress😊

11. So cool! I love all of these refashions, but I have to admit the pink dress is my favorite to wear (for myself). Great job to all!