Whatever Does a Girl Wear to a Kentucky Derby Party

I know, I know, it’s a big decision!!!

Kentucky Derby Dress

I spent the week, sewing my new Kentucky Derby dress from this Vintage Vera Tablecloth. Today, I’ll be finishing my hat, ironing my dress and heading to Portland for the festivities.

Stay tuned for pictures…….

29 Responses to Whatever Does a Girl Wear to a Kentucky Derby Party

1. Leaving us in suspense……….

2. peggy says:

i cant wait!!!!enjoy

3. Sandy says:

I can’t wait to see what you do with that! A tablecloth.. what an awesome idea!

4. Blondie says:

I’m anticipating something remarkable!

5. Annie says:

Can’t wait for the pictures. And those deer in the background above, are they in your backyard or did you take a little travel to find the perfect spot to take a picture? …..Well I guess I have to plan our next travel to Oregon.

• Hi Annie, The deer are actually right next to our house. In the last few years the deer have moved into town and have made themselves quite comfortable. All my neighbors with gardens have to put eight foot fences up to keep the deer from eating everything. As beautiful as they are to watch, they have become quite a nuisance.

6. Mikayla says:

I’m excited to see the dress. Have fun sewing!

7. I can’t wait to see!
    Cheers,
    Laura

8. Oooohhh, building excitement! Lol.

9. Can’t wait to see the finished dress!

10. Nikitaland says:

I love that fabric!

11. That’s cruel! Can’t wait to see the finished piece. Also, what is a Kentucky derby party?

12. Candy says:

Love the colors! Are those poppies and tulips?